http://www.blogger.com/logout.g Lex Petros: The first few days in the new year...

Monday, January 03, 2011

The first few days in the new year...

It's been a great opening for the new year...

Yesterday-

I met up with Pat Lee and Cheryl Lim, my schoolmates whom I haven't seen in ages. Pat is now in Singapore and is probably the most energetic, out-doorish and active individual in our high school batch. She has run Boston, NY marathons, scaled the heights of Kilimanjaro and dove in waters around the world. Cheryl is now the creative director of Redfm and had always had the flare for all things philosophical and existential...

...in many ways, lost friends found recently...

We satisfied our palette with vegetarian and all Indian delights at Annalakshimi, at the Temple of Fine Arts in Brickfields, which was short-lived as Pat needed to rush for rock climbing classes. After her class, we congregated for a cuppa. As we made it up as we went along, Ezral came to presence at Sari Ratu (Indon food) at Kota Damansara after Pat's departure... As usual, the 2 ex-debating teammates bore no less wit and satire than they possessed back in hey-days in SMDU.

Yes, those 2 were my sources of vocabulary, language and linguistic appreciation...

Monday-

I got my Iphone 4, a device with which I have become quite enamored over the last few months- I kid you not, queuing up at 7 something on a Monday morning for a 40-a-day quota is not for the impatient...

My upcoming assignments has in store a plethora of issues and challenges, which I am gladly to take by the horns...probably something about becoming accustomed with the job
My colleagues are back in full swing, as is our ever zealous business units... after all, its business as usual.

Though I felt I have left a big part of me in some other temporal plain, this year, I suspect has started to unfold in the most ubiquitous of ways....

Perhaps this year, I might meet a mate whose life would I share with God... I was chess understudy once from which many important lessons are thought..... this time, avoidance of a stalemate is going to be the mainstay in my pursuit...

0 Commentsjavascript:void(0):

Post a Comment

<< Home