http://www.blogger.com/logout.g Lex Petros: Goodbye 2010, you've been a bitter sweet year

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Goodbye 2010, you've been a bitter sweet year

It's the dawn of a new year, one I hope is a harbinger of better times and renewal of faith for me....

Being an avid Trekker, Captain Janeway's words resonate in my mind, constantly reminding me of the requirement to be use better judgment. She confided to her first officer, Chakotay:

"I made an error in judgment, Chakotay. It was shortsighted and it was
selfish, and now, all of us are paying for my mistake"

The underlying cause of wrong decisions and hurt is sometimes due to our immense altruistic nature as a human being revelling in self-indulgent, blind judgments which often at times bring about suffering... a lesson I am still learning...a lesson which should not have come to past, if not for my shortsightedness and failing to restrain....for an alternate reality would have been which could have brought a more favourable outcome...

I spend my days now seeking forgiveness and redemption... trying to undo the damage I have done and desperately salvaging a friendship which could have remained intact had I not acted on impulse and unconscionability...

..and yet I cannot help wonder about the life that might have been...

I am seemingly close to finding an absolution...though if I did...some things will remain unchanged in my heart...

I will leave it in the Hands of Providence to decide...for I shall relent and submit to His will...

0 Commentsjavascript:void(0):

Post a Comment

<< Home