http://www.blogger.com/logout.g Lex Petros: My Uncle's Departure

Sunday, December 31, 2006

My Uncle's Departure

My grand uncle, whom I fondly refer to him as "6th Uncle" passed away peacefully last nite, December 30th 2006 @ 8.40pm. He never regained conciousness.

He was the youngest of the male siblings in my grandmother's side of the family and always had a sense of humour. He always came around to visit when I was much younger and I relished the times I'd see his old Mitsubishi Lancer parked outiside my parents' house in Taman Tun Dr. Ismail. Me, being the rambunctious one would always charge right into him the moment I enter the house, waiting to see him brace as I ran into his arms. One of my favourite grand uncles.

I am happy to know that he is with the Lord now... together with David, his first born son who passed on nearly 20 years ago...my second cousin whom I didn't really get to know that well...

My heart wrenched as I witnessed his vital signs diminishing on the monitors. He was stricken with pneumonia 2 weeks ago... things turned for the worst when one of his lung collapsed yesterday evening...

I prayed at his bedside, asking the Lord to be with him and to descend His arms around my uncle...I knew that the journey was about to begin, just a matter of when...

My 6th uncle had led a good life and followed the footsteps of Christ, I know he would be in His kingdom now.

I shall miss him... even when he was bedridden, he was still able to crack a few jokes here and there...as I remarked to my aunt, he always had a sense of humour. There was never a time I couldn't think of anything to talk to him about, cause he would start it off for me...

God bless you, 6th Uncle...you will not be forgotten.



1 Commentsjavascript:void(0):

Blogger Asther said...

My condolences to you & family.

"When I am dead, my dearest,
Sing no sad songs for me;
Plant thou no roses at my head,
Nor shady cypress tree:
Be the green grass above me,
With showers, & dewdrops wet;
And if thou wilt, remember,
And if thou wilt, forget."

- Christina Rossetti, Song

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home