http://www.blogger.com/logout.g Lex Petros: Grandmother's surgery (2)

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Grandmother's surgery (2)

I visited my gramma at lunch on Wednesday... she had been wheeled out of the surgery room at 8pm on the Tuesday nite... she was relatively chirpy and chatty...probably after finishing her hospital food...thank the Lord for such a relief... I had planned to do this before my flight to Penang later on Wednesday nite...which was incidentally delayed by a bunch of rambunctious Arabians...mother, children and all, who were all refusing to take their seats until their baggage were secured... I could just see the stress in the stewardesses' faces when they were passing by...I though to captain was going to egress from the cockpit to sort them out... well...that's another story...

Back to gramma...

Turns out that she was rather moody in the morning...the nurses told me that she was adamant of going to the shower herself...ripping of her IV drips, including the blood being transfused...she only settled once Prof (Dr.) BK Lim came by to check on her progress... typical of my gramma actually...she'd only take figures of authority seriously...

My 6th uncle and wife and my 7th aunt would be visiting her during the nite... I suppose my gramma would appreciate company being stuck in the lonely ward...my mum and bro was supposed to be there as well, but scrapped that idea after my bro fell sick...didn't want to infect my gramma with his bug...

We all will feel much better when she gets discharged this Friday...

1 Commentsjavascript:void(0):

Blogger Asther said...

Thanks Be To God! May your Grandma get back to her normal self soon!

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home