http://www.blogger.com/logout.g Lex Petros: Riblee's Restaurant & Bar

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Riblee's Restaurant & Bar

I must really thank Francis and Asther for introducing me to this establishent of cullinery delight. My first order on the menu ever was the Spring Roast Chicken (1/2). Just one bite, and I knew this place was very different from the rest.

What am I talking about...why, RIBLEE'S RESTAURANT AND BAR, that's what... previously nested in Taman Sea, Riblee's has now moved to Sri Hartamas....it's on the 1st Floor, at the end of the Malayan Banking Berhad row... (sorry bout the lack of address... I omitted to find that out... will be added into this blog in due course)

Apart from poultry, this place serves limited but excellent 'specials' from time to time...especially the lamb and steak preparations. Usually, the lamb fillet (with cheese) or the prawn pasta (believe it or not, this is the western version of the 'sang har mee') shown in the picture below


The picture on the top left is RIblee's Protugese Lamb Fillet, top with rich gravy, decorated by crisp and fresh garden salad.

Must say it taster succellent from bite to finish... I had a feeling that I was going to experience a palate overload when I was starting to indulge in the serving before me.


I recommend that a good starter to be the Honey Calamari, deep-fried squid, laced with honey and chilli- padi. Certainly would be a good way to compliment a beer or some whisky... After the main course, the best way to retire for the evening would be to share a serving of Oreo Ice Cream whilst sipping a cuppa....

From what I know, this occulent diner also boasts a fine selection of wine too....although I got this impression when it was at Taman Sea.

In any event, authenticity and ambience is hard to come by these days. Highly recommend that you try this place when your palate seeks to be stimulated. You won't regret it.

4 Commentsjavascript:void(0):

Blogger Unknown said...

errr... remember the graphic novels you're bringing over (it's ok if you call them comics)...like I was saying... the comics... errr... can you bring over the restaurent with you?

I MISS the GREAT food in Malaysia...

2:47 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Then you should COME BACK to Malaysia... the land where everything is "BOLEH"... :) Not to worry buddy, if i chance upon any interesting COMICS from DC or Marvel, rest assured that it would be packed in the suitcase, together with your beloved Fisherman's Friend....

12:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Once again... You the MAN!

12:50 AM  
Blogger Asther said...

Yum Yum Yum... I wana go there again soon! ;)

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home