http://www.blogger.com/logout.g Lex Petros

Saturday, July 22, 2006



Let me introduce the newest member in my flashlight collection... the Surefire E2E 'Executive Elite' incandescent flashlight (ala CSI). Built from aviation-grade aluminium and finished with a rugged olive drab hard-anodized body, this 4 1/2 inch robust handgrip light boasts weather resistant capability and most importantly, its intensity is blinding 60 lumens! This model is a good seachlight with a medium throw capability, quite similar to my Longbow ECO (another flashlight which I have). However, at 60 lumens and despite using two Surefire 123A litium batteries (3 volts each), this baby has a limited run time of about 1.25 hours.

Hence, my next Surefire purchase would be the L2 Lumamax LED flashlight, equipped with dual-power output, 15 lumens with a run time of 18 hours and 100 lumens!! with a run time of 60 minutes. This beauty is regulated internally by a chip and should be able to pull as much amps from its power source as it is supposed to do. This one has a more medium spread throw as compared with my E2E. Low power would be good for reading in the car or on the airplane and the high power setting comes in handy especially when a good spread of light is needed.

For related topics, you could check out my previous post last month (27th June 2006) of the Blackhawk Night Ops Tactical flashlight.

Oh yeah...one more thing... did I mention Surefire's products all come with a lifetime warranty? :)